As featured on
When the Temple Wildcats begin their 2019 season Aug. 30 at Round Rock Cedar Ridge, they’ll find out how well they can handle the proverbial heat of varsity football competition.
During their first official practice Monday evening in helmets, jerseys and shorts, a reported 141 Temple seniors, juniors and sophomores had to deal with the actual heat: a temperature exceeding 100 degrees when they began at 6 p.m. and a heat index of 101 when they finished in near-darkness at 8:30.
- Stolen equipment worth $105,000 recovered in Temple
- 6 Temple residents arrested on narcotics trafficking charges
- Temple murder suspect indicted for hitting jailer
- Temple Police officers rescue woman after storming through door
- Body found in Killeen, police confirm
- Dear Annie: Problem with a jealous neighbor
- Belton prosecutor to take CPS judge position
- Gary Garner, longtime retail advertising director for Telegram, dies
- Holland man indicted for alleged stalking
- Identity of body found in Killeen still a mystery