BELTON — A Killeen man reportedly head-butted a Temple Police officer during his arrest for a reported sexual assault.
Antoine Isaac McDaniels, 22, was indicted Wednesday by a Bell County grand jury because it’s claimed he committed assault on a public servant.
A Temple Police officer was sent March 3 to the Ariza Apartment complex, located at 2012 S. 31st St., to investigate a domestic violence call. The alleged victim identified McDaniels as the man who assaulted her, and Temple Police were actively searching for him on an assault bodily injury of a family member charge.
After officers found out where McDaniels was, he was arrested and walked to the patrol vehicle. McDaniels reportedly put one foot in the patrol vehicle but kept one out. The officers were trying to seatbelt him in when McDaniels launched himself into an officer’s chest and used his head and shoulders to hit her head, face and mouth. The officer was knocked backwards, an affidavit said.
Other officers got control of McDaniels.
The officer had a swollen mouth and a cut inside her mouth because of the attack against her by McDaniels, the affidavit said.
McDaniels was in the Bell County Jail on Friday with bonds that totaled $117,000.
Randy Lee Fuentes
Randy Lee Fuentes, 27, of Temple, reportedly sexually assaulted a young girl, according to an indictment.
Fuentes was indicted for the alleged sexual assault of a child under the age of 17.
A girl reportedly alleged in February 2018 that she had sex with Fuentes. The girl was only 15 years old when the sexual assaults reportedly happened in a park in Temple or Belton, an affidavit said. The girl said they had sex 15 to 20 times.
Fuentes was released Jan. 14 after he posted bond in the amount of $200,000, Bell County Chief Deputy Chuck Cox said.
- Jazmond M. Wheelock, 30, of Temple, assault of a public servant (repeat offender).
- Randy Lee Fuentes, 20, of Temple, sexual assault.
- Michael Herron, 18, of Temple, sexual assault.
- Luke Ryan Theodore, 24, of Belton, harassment of a public servant.
- Dai-Quavier Caldwell, 20, of Temple, evading arrest with a vehicle.
- Crystal Ann Benoit, 51, of Troy, possession of a controlled substance between 1 and 4 grams.
- Manuel Munoz-Gallardo, 38, of Temple, possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
- Leeondria M. Thomas, 51, of Temple, possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
- Autumn Moriarty, 24, of Kyle, possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
- Arthur Garza, 28, of Temple, possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
- Preston Zale Bales, 18, of Rogers, possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
The grand jury issued 43 true bills and passed on one case.