As featured on
When the Temple Wildcats begin their 2019 season Aug. 30 at Round Rock Cedar Ridge, they’ll find out how well they can handle the proverbial heat of varsity football competition.
During their first official practice Monday evening in helmets, jerseys and shorts, a reported 141 Temple seniors, juniors and sophomores had to deal with the actual heat: a temperature exceeding 100 degrees when they began at 6 p.m. and a heat index of 101 when they finished in near-darkness at 8:30.
- Driver stopped for speeding by Nolanville officer surprised by Social Security question
- Second armed robbery reported in North Temple
- Mill Creek general manager charged with deadly conduct
- Spare Time expansion to open in summer
- Temple restaurant damaged when motorist drives into building
- DeCruz resigns from Temple Police Department
- Jimmy’s Egg opens for business March 2
- Dana Marie Hodgin Haas, died Wednesday
- Temple officials talk about trust, communication, apologies; Mayor sorry for comments about interim chief
- Belton ISD hires Smith as superintendent