As featured on
Videos released to the Telegram show Bell County Jail inmate Jvarius Aquer Pratt, a Temple resident, being brutally assaulted by two jailers.
A set of three videos and an arrest affidavit tell the tale of what reportedly was done to Pratt on March 14 by Kelvin Miller, 34, and Terrance Jamal Gardner, 28 — both fired in mid-March after investigations by the Texas Rangers and the Bell County Sheriff’s Department.
- UPDATE: Five employees at Temple facilities, include day care, test positive for COVID-19; Bell count rises to 243 cases
- UPDATE: Four new infections bring Bell coronavirus count to 278; recoveries jump by 15 to 165
- JC Penney to reopen some Texas stores, but not Temple
- Autopsies ordered after two bodies found separately in Temple
- 7 Seas Aquarium at Temple Mall canceled
- Salado 8-year-old boy’s death under investigation
- UPDATE: Two Belton Golden Chick employees test positive for COVID-19
- ‘We have not canceled anything. We are moving forward': Belton plans Fourth of July celebration despite coronavirus
- Bell County JP Peters resigns office
- UPDATE: 11 new coronavirus cases as Bell count reaches 274