Brig. Gen. Darren Werner, commander of Fort Hood’s 13th Expeditionary Sustainment Command, talks about a Defense Support of Civil Authorities mission and the role the 13th ESC in Detroit. The 13th ESC is providing support to FEMA regions five, six, and seven, which encompasses 15 states. U.S. Northern Command, through U.S. Army North, is providing military support to the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help communities in need. Watch a video of what Werner said with this story at kdhnews.com.
As featured on
While nearly 250 Fort Hood medical soldiers are deployed to New York to help fight the spread of the coronavirus, other local soldiers have deployed to various cities in the country.
- Virus safety guidelines reportedly ignored at concert
- 6-year-old girl in CPS custody after mother leaves her at Temple Police Department
- Body recovered at Lake Belton
- UPDATE: Drowning victim, 24, recovered at Stillhouse Hollow Lake
- Former school counselor seeks amended bond conditions
- Temple man jailed for alleged Walmart burglary
- Avenue C expansion moves forward
- GoFundMe account exceeds goal to assist drowned man’s family
- Women allegedly strangled by former boyfriend
- Couple dies in fatal Rockdale crash